6 Apr 2023 12:26

MTS subsidiary acquires Segmento advertising platform from Sistema fund

MOSCOW. April 6 (Interfax) - Leading Russian mobile service provider MTS has acquired 100% of Segmento LLC from Sistema_VC, the venture capital fund of investment group Sistema PJSFC.

The acquisition was made through subsidiary Stream LLC and has already been completed, MTS said in a press release. The financial details of the deal have not been disclosed.

"Segmento is one of the leading players on the programmatic advertising market. The purchase of the company will enable MTS to strengthen its own advertising vertical, increase its share of the advertising market, as well as organize efficient work with customers," MTS said.

Stream develops AdTech and MarTech products based on big data and artificial intelligence technology. One of the company's key products is MTS Marketer (MTS Marketolog), a platform that allows users to independently launch ads.

Segmento is developing automated online marketing and full-coverage advertising systems, and a platform to promote products on marketplaces.

Segmento LLC was incorporated in 2015, the SPARK-Interfax system showed. Sistema_VC consolidated 100% of the company in February 2023, prior to which 50% of Segmento was owned by the Modern Development 2 mutual fund. Segmento closed 2021 with a net profit of 30.6 million rubles on revenue of 884.7 million rubles.

In February, MTS acquired a 67% stake in native advertising platform Buzzoola, along with an option to buy the remaining 33% of the company in 2024.