17 Mar 2023 13:16

Juice concentrate factory planned for construction in Dagestan for 2.4 bln rubles - authorities

MAKHACHKALA. March 17 (Interfax) - Khazar LLC will build a plant for the production of concentrated juices, nectars and purees in the Dagestani city of Dagestanskie Ogni; investment in the project will be 2.4 billion rubles, the press service of the republic's government said.

The plant is planned for completion in 2024. It will process about 15,000 tonnes of fruits and vegetables annually. As of now, the first segment of high-tech equipment for full-cycle processing of fruits and vegetables into juice products with a value of 848.3 million rubles has already been purchased.

The project is being implemented using both company and loaned funds.

When the plant begins operating, 103 jobs are planned for creation.

The initiator of the project was presented with a land plot of 10.5 hectares for rent without a bidding process.

As reported, a second plant for the production of natural juices in Dagestan for 614 million rubles is also planned. Up to 10,000 tonnes of fruits and vegetables grown in Dagestan will be processed annually. The design capacity of the plant is planned at nearly 25 million bottled products per year. The project implementation period is from May 2023 through February 2025. The project is being implemented by Irib, a Dagestan-based company.

Khazar LLC was registered in the city of Dagestanskie Ogni in December 2018; its main activity is the production of juice products from fruits and vegetables. According to the Unified State Register of Legal Entities, 52% of the company's charter capital belongs to Bimarket LLC, a company involved in the wholesale trade of sugar, chocolate and sugared confectionery. The remaining 48% belongs to the general director of the enterprise Shamil Kadilobagandov, who also owns Dagagroholding LLC, which is engaged in the cultivation of fruit and berry cultures.