19 Apr 2022 18:52

VK closing VK Work service

MOSCOW. April 19 (Interfax) - Job search service VK Work will cease to exist in the near future, VK said in statement.

"The VK Work service will go defunct in the near future. All obligations to clients and partners will be fulfilled," the statement said.

Employees of VK Work will be transferred to other backbone projects and VK products, including VKontakte, VK Calls, and VK Video.

VK Work has been a part of VK's portfolio of assets since 2019. Mail.ru Group acquired 51% of Ikonjob LLC under the brand Worki in May 2019. It then acquired the remaining 49% in December 2019.

According to the SPARK-Interfax analytical system, Ikonjob LLC ceased its activities in October 2020 during a merger. Its legal successor was VK LLC, earlier Mail.ru LLC.

Worki was renamed VK Work in February 2021.

The service was developed as an independent recruiting resource and was integrated with the VK and Odnoklassniki social media sites in 2020.