9 Jun 2010 10:15

CNOOC's BZ25-1/BZ25-1 South Oilfields resume production

Shanghai. June 9. INTERFAX-CHINA - China National Offshore Oil Corp.'s (CNOOC) listed arm, CNOOC Ltd., has resumed operations of the BZ25-1/BZ25-1 South Oilfields following a seven-month production hiatus, according to a June 9 CNOOC Ltd. newsletter.

Production has been restored to 27,000 barrels per day, the oilfields' normal daily output level prior to the production suspension, which was implemented in November 2009 as a result of wind damage, the newsletter said.

CNOOC Ltd. holds a 83.8 percent stake in the oilfields, which are located in the southeast of Bohai Bay. American oil giant Chevron Corp. holds the remaining 16.2 percent stake.