Sechin: no candidates being considered to replace Bogdanchikov
ST. PETERSBURG. June 18 (Interfax) - No candidates to replace Rosneft President Sergei Bogdanchikov are being considered, Deputy Prime Minister Igor Sechin said.
"No replacement candidates are being considered," Sechin said at the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum.
At the same time, a source close to Rosneft told Interfax that Bogdanchikov's contract expires at the end of June.
Under an amendment to the Rosneft charter approved last year, the board of directors, not shareholders, selects the company president.
Sechin is the chairman of the board of Rosneft.