2 Jul 2010 08:34

Xinhua launches 24-hour English-language TV news channel CNC World

Shanghai. July 2. INTERFAX-CHINA - China's state-runXinhuaNews Agencyannouncedon July 1 that it has launchedCNC World, a 24-hour,English-language TV newschannel.

Beginning in October 2010, CNC World will broadcast on cable networks in the United States and other regions outside China, covering political, economic and cultural news around theworld,accordingtotheannouncement.

Xinhua holds a 51 percent stake in China Xinhua News Network Corp., the operator of CNC World, with the remaining 49 percent to be sold to investors, 21st Century Business Herald reported on July 2.