Roskomnadzor threatens blocking YouTube due to Open Russia account - movement
MOSCOW. Dec 14 (Interfax) - Russia's telecommunications watchdog Roskomnadzor has warned YouTube that the video hosting service will be blocked in Russia if it fails to delete the account of the Open Russia movement, its press service said.
"Roskomnadzor has sent a letter to YouTube threatening to block the service in Russia if it fails to delete Open Russia's account within 24 hours," the press service said on Thursday.
Interfax is yet to obtain Roskomnadzor's official comments on this issue.
It was reported on December 12 that the website of the Russian movement Open Russia, which was founded by Mikhail Khodorkovsky, had been blocked in Russia due to violations of legislation on undesirable organizations.
Access to the site was blocked on the basis of a decision of the Prosecutor General's Office, Roskomnadzor's register said.
On December 11, Roskomnadzor added 11 organizations deemed to be undesirable in Russia to the register of banned information following an order of the Prosecutor General's Office.