Eighty-five civilians killed in Donbas this year - OSCE mission
KYIV. Dec 22 (Interfax) - Eighty-five civilians have been killed in the armed conflict in Donbas since the beginning of 2017, Alexander Hug, Principal Deputy Chief Monitor of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), said.
According to the SMM's data, 85 people to date have been killed and 384 injured in 2017, Hug said at a briefing in Kyiv on Friday.
Last week, the SMM observed over 16,000 ceasefire violations, up 40% from the preceding week, he said.
In all, over 400,000 ceasefire violations have been observed in 2017, Hug said.