Six remain hospitalized after Dec 27 blast at St. Petersburg supermarket - authorities
ST. PETERSBURG. Dec 28 (Interfax) - Six people injured in the December 27 explosion at a supermarket in St. Petersburg remain in the city's hospitals, St. Petersburg Deputy Governor Anna Mityanina said on her Twitter account.
"As of 10:00 a.m., another two people injured in the explosion at the Perekryostok store on Kondratyevsky Avenue have been discharged from the Alexandrovskaya hospital. Another six injured people remain at hospitals," she said.
The city authorities said earlier that 13 people had been injured in Wednesday's explosion. Of them, five refused to be hospitalized. Those injured in the blast were admitted to three hospitals in St. Petersburg.
An improvised explosive device filled with pieces of metal went off at a supermarket in St. Petersburg on Wednesday evening.
The Russian Investigative Committee's St. Petersburg branch launched a criminal inquiry on the grounds of attempted murder of two and more people.