Monaco not responding to ex-banker Gudkov extradition request for 2 months - Russian Prosecutor General's Office
MOSCOW. Feb 7 (Interfax) - A request for the extradition of Vladimir Gudkov, former main shareholder in Investtorgbank, accused in Russia of massive embezzlement, was sent to Monaco but there has been no reply yet, the Prosecutor General's Office told Interfax.
"The request for Gudkov's extradition for his criminal prosecution was sent by the Prosecutor General's Office on November 21, 2017 via diplomatic channels to the Directorate of Judicial Services of the Principality of Monaco," the spokesperson said on Wednesday.
The banker is a subject of a criminal inquiry into massive fraud, led by the main investigative directorate of the Moscow central police department.
"To this day there has been no reply to the request," the spokesperson said.
In mid-January the Kommersant newspaper reported that Gudkov had been detained in Monaco. He and his four female accomplices are being accused of stealing over 7 billion rubles from Investtorgbank shortly before its recovery, the newspaper said.
Last summer Gudkov was placed on the international wanted list and arrested in absentia at the investigator's petition by Moscow's Tverskoi district court.