Workers who died from carbon monoxide poisoning in Ufa were N. Korean citizens - investigation
UFA. March 1 (Interfax) - Five construction workers found dead in a trailer in Ufa were citizens of North Korea and were present in Russia legally, the Investigative Committee's branch for Bashkortostan said on Thursday.
"Preliminary findings indicate that five citizens of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea legally staying in Russia were engaged in construction work at a site belonging to [the company] Salviya," the committee said.
The workers built a fire in the trailer, as their heater was out of order, it said.
"As the cable of an electric heater in the trailer was broken, they built a fire in a bucket for heating purposes, which resulted in their death from carbon monoxide poisoning," the committee said.
A criminal case has been opened on charges of "causing the death of two or more people through negligence," it said.