Azerbaijani Defense Ministry denies Yerevan reports of Baku's deploying its forces to Karabakh conflict zone
BAKU. April 23 (Interfax) - The Azerbaijani Defense Ministry has refuted Armenia's statements that the Azerbaijani side is deploying its military equipment to the contact line in the Karabakh conflict zone, the Azerbaijani Defense Ministry told Interfax on Monday.
"The Defense Ministry said that no military hardware has been deployed to the Karabakh conflict zone. Any enemy provocation in the conflict zone will be strictly suppressed," the ministry said.
The ministry does not rule out that "supporters of the [...] regime, which ended its powers in Armenia" would resort to provocations on the contact line in Nagorno-Karabakh.
"Our troops control the operative situation along the entire contact line. Units of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces fully observe the ceasefire," the Defense Ministry said.
Earlier on Monday, Armenian Foreign Minister Edward Nalbandian said that Yerevan calls on the international community to contain Azerbaijan, which is concentrating its forces near the line of contact in Nagorno-Karabakh, and warns Baku against aggression in the conflict zone amid the domestic political events in Armenia.