OSCE SMM reports hundreds of truce breaches in Donbas
KYIV. Aug 31 (Interfax) - The OSCE Special Monitoring Mission has reported a decline in violations of the Donbas ceasefire declared on August 29 on the occasion of the new school year, but there are still hundreds of breaches, OSCE SMM Principal Deputy Chief Monitor Alexander Hug said at a press briefing in Kyiv on Friday.
The OSCE SMM has seen a 10% decrease in violations last week, and the trend seems to have prevailed this week, Hug said.
He said the rate started declining on August 29, though attacks continued.
The OSCE SMM has recorded at least 370 violations of the school truce since midnight on August 29, and forces and hardware have yet to be disengaged, Hug said.
Violations have been seen in two of the three disengagement areas, Stanytsia Luhanska and Petrivske, he said.