Kremlin calls Zakharchenko killing terror attack, doesn't comment on reports on sending FSB investigators to Donetsk
MOSCOW. Sept 4 (Interfax) - The Kremlin has refrained from commenting on the posting of Federal Security Service (FSB) specialists to Donbas to provide assistance in investigating the assassination of head of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic (DPR) Alexander Zakharchenko.
"I'll leave this without comments. I'll say only that there has obviously been a terrorist attack and an attempt to destabilize the situation," Kremlin press secretary Dmitry Peskov told journalists on Tuesday.
Sergei Beseda, an FSB spokesperson, said on Monday that FSB specialists had been dispatched to the DPR to assist in the probe into Zakharchenko's assassination.