Kyiv reports one ceasefire violation by militias in Donbas
KYIV/DONETSK. Jan 3 (Interfax) - The Ukrainian Armed Forces recorded one ceasefire violation by the militias in the special operation zone in Donbas between 0:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, the press center of the Ukrainian operation said.
None of the Ukrainian troops was harmed, it said.
"No instances of the use of weapons banned by the Minsk Agreements have been recorded," the press center said in a bulletin on Facebook on Thursday evening.
Militias fired grenade launchers of various systems upon Ukrainian strongholds near the community of Vilny in the Luhansk sector, it said.
Ukrainian troops are continuing to monitor the enemy at the contact line, while fully observing the ceasefire agreements, it said.
Earlier on Thursday, the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic (DPR) said Ukrainian troops were adhering to the ceasefire and no instances of firing had been recorded over the previous 24 hours.
The parties agreed at the latest meeting of the Trilateral Contact Group dealing with the situation in Donbas to declare a ceasefire in the area starting 0:01 a.m. on December 29.