Search under way at Dagestan's Derbent district administration - source
MAKHACHKALA. April 3 (Interfax) - Investigative procedures are currently underway at the Derbent district administration in Dagestan, an informed source told Interfax.
"Officials from law enforcement agencies in masks have come to the Derbent district administration. They are seizing documents, and the building has been cordoned off," the source said.
The source was unable to say what these procedures were related to.
"Tentatively, the seizure of documents is related to the prosecution of district administration head Magomed Dzhelilov, which was terminated earlier. He is currently on leave. But this is tentative information. The search could be related to another case, as well," the source said.
Interfax has yet to obtain official confirmation of this report.
It was reported earlier that Dzhelilov had been detained in March 2018 on suspicion of illegally allotting plots of land to two local residents. Makhachkala's Sovetsky District Court put him under house arrest pending trial. Following an eight-month investigation, a court cleared him of all charges. After that, Dzhelilov was reinstated in his job.