Kyiv reports 4 ceasefire violations by Donbas militia on Thursday
KYIV/LUHANSK. Aug 8 (Interfax) - The Donbas conflicting sides have accused one another of violating the July 21 ceasefire deal.
The enemy launched four attacks on Ukrainian positions on Thursday, Ukrainian Defense Ministry spokesman Dmytro Hutsulyak said at a press briefing.
Grenade launchers were fired near Bohdanivka, small arms were engaged near Vodyane, and heavy machineguns were used near Novotroitske, he said.
Meanwhile, Kirill Belov from the self-proclaimed Luhansk People's Republic (LPR) Prosecutor General's Office told the press that the Ukrainian army breached the truce by firing small arms at Zolote 5 and doing damage to School No. 4.
Windows were smashed on the school's second and third stories, he said.
Meanwhile, self-proclaimed Luhansk People's Republic (LPR) militia spokesman Ivan Filiponenko told the press that the Ukrainian army had been deploying weapons and military hardware to residential areas.
"A BMP-1 infantry combat vehicle has been spotted in a residential area of Novotoshkivske, two BMP-2 vehicles and one MTLB armored personnel carrier were seen in a residential area of Heivka, two BMP-1 vehicles in a residential area on the western outskirts of Popasna, and five BTR armored personnel carriers in the southeastern outskirts of Vrubivka," Filiponenko said.
Concentration of forces has been growing in the vicinity of Rubizhne and Druzhba, Filiponenko said, adding that seven 82mm 2B9 Vasilyok towed mortars were seen in the Oknine area.