Over 1.3 mln people evacuated in Moscow since Nov 28, 2019 over bomb threats - source
MOSCOW. Jan 17 (Interfax) - Bomb threats have prompted the evacuation of more than 200,000 people from different facilities in Moscow in the past week, and more than 1.3 million in total since the current wave of threats began in November of last year, an informed source told Interfax on Friday.
"In all, more than 1.3 million people have been evacuated since the wave of bomb scares first swept Moscow on November 28, 2019," the source said.
All threats received proved to be false alarms.
The main targets of such threats are district courts, schools, hospitals, shopping malls, and metro stations, the source said.
"Some facilities in the city have received more than ten bomb threats. For instance, the Cathedral of Christ the Savior has received its 12th bomb threat since the end of November," he said.
The largest number of bomb threats to date was recorded on December 19, when police and rescuers evacuated almost 170,000 people from around 1,000 facilities in Moscow.
Interfax said earlier that courts, schools, and kindergartens in Moscow had received anonymous bomb threats on Friday.