Kazakhstan hasn't suspended flow of goods from China - Kazakh Trade Ministry
NUR-SULTAN. Feb 4 (Interfax) - Kazakh Trade and Integration Minister Bakhyt Sultanov has called on citizens of Kazakhstan to contact a hotline if they encounter unjustified increases in food prices under the pretense of border closure with China due to coronavirus.
"At present, a number of sellers of goods have begun to raise food prices, citing closure of the border with China. In this regard, I would like to announce that Kazakhstan has not suspended the shipment of goods both to and from China. It's just fraudulent conduct on the part of businesses using this as an excuse to raise prices," Sultanov said at a government session on Tuesday.
On Monday, Kazakhstan suspended direct flights to and from China due to the outbreak of coronavirus in the country. Passenger traffic by road and rail was suspended last week.
Only people who are members of official delegations can come to Kazakhstan from China beginning on February 4, Kazakhstan's chief public health officer Zhandarbek Bekshin said on Monday.
At the same time, Bekshin pointed out that the restrictions do not apply to the transport of goods.