20 Nov 2020 11:57

Gazprom connects Rosneft/BP JV's Kharampur field to gas transport system

MOSCOW. Nov 20 (Interfax) - Gazprom has connected Rosneft's and BP's Kharampur oil and gas condensate field to the gas transport system, the corporate publication of Gazprom Transgaz Surgut reported.

Gazprom Transgaz Surgut's section of the pipeline system is expected to receive 10 billion cubic meters of gas annually from the Kharampur field (Kharampurskoye field) in the period to 2025, when the figure is expected to increase to 25 bcm.

The license to Kharampur is owned by the joint venture Kharampurneftegaz, in which BP holds a 49% stake and Rosneft owns the other 51%. Through the venture, the companies plan to produce oil at mature fields and carry out a project to produce gas.

"In the first phase, there are plans to produce gas here from Cenomanian reservoirs, for which [the venture] built a gas treatment complex and external transport gas pipeline with its transfer to Gazprom's unified gas transport system. In future, there are plans to expand the project's infrastructure to also receive and treat gas from Turonian deposits," the publication said.

The external pipeline was hooked up to the mainline gas transport system at the 194-km intake of the Purpeiskaya compressor station.