September 14, 2017 13:12
Blocks removed from Vladivostok U.S. Consulate General access road, city admin denies political motivation
VLADIVOSTOK. Sept 14 (Interfax) - Blocks of concrete have been removed from the U.S. Consulate General's access road in Vladivostok.
"There was no political motivation whatsoever. The concrete blocks were set up right on the road and hindered the movement of traffic. They have been removed. Road services are repairing the blacktop," a spokesman for the Vladivostok city administration told Interfax.
He said they had received no complaints from U.S. diplomats.
The concrete blocks were placed near the U.S. diplomatic mission in Vladivostok years ago to keep vehicles from driving up. Now, nothing but a sidewalk separates the Consulate General from the roadway.
The diplomats' parking area was closed about 12 months ago and turned into a pedestrian street. Consular officers park their vehicles along the sidewalk.
It was reported earlier on Thursday that the St. Petersburg authorities had closed the parking area near the U.S. Consulate General and set up a pedestrian crossing there.
Also, a sign which permitted U.S. diplomats to park on the road near the Consulate General was removed in Yekaterinburg. The city administration said it was the traffic police's initiative.
(Our editorial staff can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org)
February 19, 2018
INTERFAX RUSSIA AND CIS BUSINESS AND FINANCIAL NEWS
February 18, 2018
Presence of OSCE monitors keeps Ukrainian nationalists from setting fire to Kyiv office of Rossotrudnichestvo - Russian envoy to OSCE
Lukashenko reaffirms willingness to send peacekeepers to Donbas provided agreement between Russian, Ukrainian leaders
Russian Emergency Situations Ministry informs Iran of plane crash site coordinates
Belarusian Foreign Minister Makei discusses possible deployment of Belarusian peacekeepers in Ukraine with Volker
Belarus might host Munich Security Conference Core Group meeting in October - foreign minister
Patriarch Kirill sees shooting in Dagestan as provocation aimed at causing discord between Orthodox, Muslims
Rossotrudnichestvo office in Kyiv should suspend operations until Ukrainian authorities clarify situation - Kosachyov
Significant damage caused to Rossotrudnichestvo office in Kyiv, no casualties - chief
Attack on Rossotrudnichestvo office in Kyiv is provocation, its closure not under consideration - Rossotrudnichestvo head
Number of fatalities in Dagestan shooting grows to 5 - health department
Gunman in Dagestan shooting incident identified as 22-year-old local resident - Investigative Committee
Criminal case on charges of murder, attempt to kill law enforcement officials opened in wake of Dagestan shooting