August 17, 2012 17:14
Russian court registers 333 mln ruble lawsuit against Madonna
ST. PETERSBURG. Aug 17 (Interfax) - A 333-million ruble lawsuit has been filed against pop singer Madonna and the organizers of her concert in St. Petersburg.
"The lawsuit of my nine principals has been filed at the Moskovsky District Court in St. Petersburg. It has been accepted, the hearing date is due to be set shortly," lawyer Alexander Pochuyev told Interfax on Friday.
The lawsuit is filed against three co-defendants: the Peterburgsky Sports and Concert Complex, the concert venue; organizer PMI, and the singer herself, he said.
The plaintiffs applied "a civilized, modern and popular way of defending their rights - by filing a lawsuit," Pochuyev said responding to the press accusations of medieval behavior.
"No one burned anyone at the stake or used the inquisition. Modern civilization requires religious tolerance and respect of other values," the lawyer said.
It was reported that the lawsuit was prepared by the Trade Union of Russian Citizens and a number of other public organizations. In it, they ask the court to compel Madonna and the organizers of her concert in St. Petersburg to pay 333 million ruble for offending the feelings of believers and the cultural traditions of city residents.
Attached to the lawsuit are video tapes showing Madonna stamping an Orthodox cross asking viewers wearing pink bracelets to raise their hands.
(Our editorial staff can be reached at email@example.com)
July 04, 2015
OSCE mission offers militia and Ukrainian army to jointly clear mines in Shyrokyne
Yerevan protesters put forth ultimatum to authorities
Ukrainian army accuses militia of 20 strikes on Saturday
EU's stance with regard to Crimea unchanged - EU Delegation to Russia (Part 2)
EU's stance with regard to Crimea unchanged - EU Delegation to Russia
Two militants neutralized in Dagestan, soldier killed - NAC
Saturday hottest day in Moscow this summer so far
JCCC officials did not find place for observation point in Shyrokyne: village should be cleared of mines first (Part 2)
OSCE says it observed large presence of military hardware along Donbas contact line (Part 2)
OSCE: Shyrokyne destroyed by 80%, militia and civilians left it
OSCE mission asks Kyiv to simplify procedure for crossing contact line in Donbas
JCCC officials did not find place for observation point in Shyrokyne: village should be cleared of mines first